Whether they are graded as misdemeanors or felonies, whether they affect juvenile or adult defendants, all criminal charges have one trait in common: they all have the power to result in a conviction which can change the course of your life.
The New York justice system imposes very harsh criminal penalties, and if you are convicted, the legal repercussions could turn your life completely upside down. You could be sentenced to months, years, decades, or even life in prison, and could also be fined with thousands or tens of thousands of dollars. You stand to lose your reputation, your career stability, and even your liberty itself.
You also risk receiving a criminal record, which can continue to interfere with your daily life long after your sentence has been served and your fines have been paid. With a record attached to your name, you may experience difficulties in matters of employment, housing, being approved for professional certifications, and even your personal relationships. Furthermore, these general penalties do not even begin to address the miscellaneous consequences which can arise out of specific convictions, such as loss of license for a DWI, or mandatory listing with the Sex Offender Registry for certain sex crimes.
Why Choose Victor Knapp as Your Criminal Defense Attorney?
The bottom line is that if you have been accused of committing a crime in New York, it is an extremely serious matter which requires immediate attention from a knowledgeable defense attorney who has experience handling the sorts of allegations you are facing now. If you have been charged with a felony or misdemeanor in New York City, you can turn to the law offices of Victor Knapp, Esq., for help.
Victor Knapp has more than 33 years of experience representing thousands of clients facing a wide variety of criminal charges, including but not limited to:
- Assault and Battery — Aggravated, Simple
- Credit Card Fraud — Identity Fraud, Identity Theft
- Domestic Violence — Assault, Child Endangerment, Menacing, Stalking
- Drug Charges — Cultivation, Distribution, Possession, Trafficking
- DUI/DWI — Alcohol, Narcotics
- Fraud — Insurance, RICO Charges, Wire
- Homicide — Aggravated Murder, Manslaughter, Murder, Vehicular Manslaughter
- Internet and Cyber Crime — Computer Fraud, Drug Trafficking, Harassment
- Juvenile Crimes — Juvenile Offenders, Youthful Offenders
- Kidnapping — Abduction, Ransom
- Probation Violations — Address Change, Curfew, Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Robbery and Burglary — Burglar’s Tools, Criminal Trespass, Shoplifting, Theft
- Sex Crimes — Rape, Sexual Abuse, Sexual Assault
- Vandalism — Criminal Mischief, Graffiti, Property Damage
- Weapons Crimes — Criminal Use, Gun Possession, Weapons Possession
- White Collar Crimes — Embezzlement, Medicare Fraud, Money Laundering
Victor Knapp also regularly represents clients who need assistance with related criminal matters, including:
- Bench Warrants
- Grand Jury and Administrative Investigations
- Legal Consultations
- Pending Investigations
- Plea Negotiations
- Record Expungement
A History of Success
Over his many years practicing criminal law, Victor Knapp has litigated multiple high-profile cases featured in the media, including a highly publicized trial victory where his client was acquitted in the infamous Howard Beach case. He has also represented defendants in other well-known cases, such as Howard “Pappy” Mason, Lorenzo “Fat Cat” Nichols, and “Supreme Team” Kenneth McGriff and Gerald “Prince” Miller. Appellate victories have included precedent-setting decisions by the New York State Court of Appeals in the areas of DWI and parole revocation.
Victor Knapp’s academic credentials include:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from St. John’s University (magna cum laude).
- A Juris Doctor degree from the Law School at St. John’s University (cum laude).
- A Masters degree in Intellectual Property Law from Cardozo Law School.
Contact Our Law Offices
When you are in need of a Queens criminal defense lawyer, Victor Knapp is here to investigate your case, defend your rights, and advocate aggressively on your behalf. With offices conveniently located in Kew Gardens, our practice is uniquely situated to serve clients in Queens, Brooklyn, Long Island, and throughout the five-borough area.
To contact Victor Knapp, Esq., call our law offices as soon as you can — 24 hours a day, seven days a week — at (718) 263-9000 to set up a confidential legal consultation. You can also contact us online.